- I got my dress for Susi and Jonathan’s wedding! Now I just need to work on my tan…
- Celebrated my mom’s bday at Cheesecake Factory (isn’t she beautiful??)
- Said goodbye to Jamie (SO SAD. J, I told you I would cry when I got in the car…and I did. Its a good thing you’re coming down here in June.) The pics below are of “Hi, my name is Chubby”, and of Miss Jamie and Jack at church.
- Saw Indiana Jones at the Arclight with the Resolved band and then had dinner at Mel’s Drive-in in Hollywood…SO fun!!
- Spent a lovely Memorial Day at my parents’ house gardening, grading, and getting to know roly-polies (Jack quote of the day: “Hey there, little friend!”). Ended the day with an Angels game (thanks, Miss and Deb!!) and got stuck in REALLY bad traffic on the way home where we were stopped on the freeway behind a bad accident for an hour with no way to get around it…got home at 1 am. But still loved the day, and felt humbled and thankful for God’s protection.
- Got fitted for in-ear monitors for Resolved (which is only 2 weeks from today!!) Sometimes I feel SO out of my element…but I LOVE it!!!! I get to sing back-up vocals for the band, which is made up of some incredibly talented people who love to serve and worship the Lord together…I am so honored to be part of this group!! (I added more info for Sam, since I realized I was a little ambiguous before 🙂
- Had dinner at the park with the Kellers…laughed really hard, escaped from the sprinklers (3 times), played baseball (well, the boys did), ate lots of Vanilla Jo-Jos (quite possibly some of the most delicious and wonderful store-bought cookies of all time)…had a great time with good friends.
- Was really encouraged by this J.C. Ryle quote:
What a mine of daily comfort there is in the thought—that we have an Advocate with the Father, who never slumbers or sleeps, whose eye is always upon us, who is continually pleading our cause and obtaining fresh supplies of grace for us, who watches over us in every company and place; and never forgets us, though we, in going to and fro, and doing our daily business, cannot always think of Him.
We have a great High Priest in heaven, who can be touched with the feeling of our infirmities, and who bids us pour out our hearts before Him, and come to Him for grace to help in time of need.