I keep reading really clever memes and other posts at the end of the week that have to do with favorite moments or highlights…so I thought I would join in for this week.
In no particular order…
1. I heart the Whittler Public Library. And so does Jack. Because when you join the Summer Reading Club and read the designated number of books, you get a certificate…aaaand a cookie the size of your face.
2. My new umbrella stand, which holds my beautiful umbrella SO much better than the other one (you can see it there next to next to the new one…it’s the cheapy looking plastic thing…oh well, that’s what I get for paying $5, right?)
3. Discovering a DELICIOUS new dessert…Grilled Peach Melba… and trying it out on the band at our BBQ (I think the recipe will have to be its own post…)
4. This post from GirlTalk, which was so timely, because I had just been thinking and praying about Jack’s salvation and wondering if seemingly simple spiritual conversations are beginning to click in his little mind, and wanting so badly for him to understand the Gospel…
This is the part that really encouraged my anxious heart —
(Speaking of Deut. 6:4-7 “…these words that I command you today shall be on your heart. You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise…” )
“These verses describe the stuff of sowing. We must talk to our children every day, instruct them throughout the day, teach them in every circumstance, train them on every occasion, tell them God’s words over and over again…Scripture does not give us an exact timetable for the duration of sowing. But Scripture does tell us: “In due season we will reap, if we do not give up” (Galatians 6:9).”
5. I love this color!! I’m realizing more and more little things that have been appearing around my house…mostly in the kitchen. I’m calling it Tiffany Blue, although I know it’s not exactly the same shade…plus it looks a lot lighter in these pictures. Thanks, Aunt Ellen, for your part in quite a few of these treasures!!
Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone! 🙂